Vow of the Pragmatic Clinician:
- I shall find neither comfort nor final repose in any belief concerning specified ways for all of us to live.
- I am interested in journeys not destinations.
- I shall especially not separate myself from you by any suggestions that I know dance steps or possess the code book for all of us.
- There is no overarching reason or way to be, only a realization that certain being or reasoning practices may be more convenient than others.
- While we search for greater ‘’vehicles of convenience’’ (that is, theories/practices), we also accept that perhaps the best we can hope for is non-coerced consensus arising from lively and useful conversation.
(Amundson 1996, p.484)